VP/Head of Marketing & Communications (f/d/m)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinOperations Team
Since 2000, HV Capital, formerly HV Holtzbrinck Ventures, has backed Internet and technology companies through various generations of funds and is one of the most successful and financially strongest early-stage and growth venture capitalists in Europe. HV’s funds have already invested in around 200 companies, including Zalando, Delivery Hero, FlixBus and SumUp. The total of all HV‘s funds amounts to €1.7 billion. The company supports startups with capital between €500,000 and €50 million. HV Capital is one of the few European venture capitalists that can back startups through all growth phases.
We are looking for a VP or Head of Marketing and Communications. You will be responsible for our marketing and communications - owning our brand, responsibility for media relations, organising events, ongoing social media work, newsletters, merchandise - pretty much everything we can do to continuously position HV as the VC of choice for leading entrepreneurs.
Take ownership of our brand and positioning:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and communications plan to support the firm's investment strategy.
- Create and maintain a consistent brand identity for the firm.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media and industry stakeholders.
- Create and manage digital marketing campaigns and social media presence.
- Develop content that secures media placement across top-tier business press and industry verticals.
- Plan and execute events with LPs, portfolio companies, entrepreneurs and fellow investors.
- Develop thought leadership content, such as whitepapers, articles, and speaking engagements, to position the firm as a leader in the industry.
- Orchestrate communications along various channels (e.g. newsletter) and stakeholders (e.g. LPs, co-investors, founders).
- Oversee the creation of all marketing assets with our external agencies.
Be in charge of day-to-day communications:
- Devise and execute comms plans around our website, newsletter and social media assets.
- Evaluate media inquiries, speaking engagements and event participation. Organize and manage interview requests and write press releases.
- Constantly track and analyze trending topics in our space.
- Regularly report on marketing and communication performance, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Ensure brand consistency in all promotional efforts.
- Attend industry events to stay current on developments in our ecosystem.
- Coordinate external agencies and providers.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in marketing and communications, with a significant portion of that experience in the startup, media, venture capital or private equity industry.
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful marketing and communications campaigns.
- You can balance thinking strategically with the ability to move nimbly and get things done.
- Strong knowledge of traditional and digital marketing channels.
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills. You stand out for your versatile writing ability and talent for storytelling.
- Creative thinker, strong in developing and executing communication.
- Project management skills, ability to coordinate internal resources and external stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- You are energetic, organized, and detail-oriented, thriving in a fast-paced environment and working independently.
- Fluency in both German and English.
We want to cast a wider net for our talent pool to bring more diversity into our team. Hence we want to encourage non-traditional candidates to apply.