Investment Manager or Principal // Early-Stage Team (m/f/d) - Munich OR Berlin
Germany, Bayern, MünchenInvestment Team
Since 2000 HV Capital has invested in Internet and technology companies through various generations of funds and is one of the most successful and financially strongest early-stage and growth investors in Europe. HV Capital has already invested in around 225 companies, including Zalando, Delivery Hero, FlixMobility, Depop and SumUp. The company supports startups with capital between €500,000 and €50 million. HV Capital is one of the few venture capitalists in Europe that can finance startups through all growth phases.
This year, we will make space for new talent on Investment Manager or Principal level in our Early Stage Team based in Berlin and Munich.
In this role, you will work on:
- Develop your sourcing funnel and take the driver seat in the commercial DD process.
- Systematically analyze and extract trends in our ecosystem and discuss insights across the team.
- Build a network of founders, VCs and start-up professionals to gain direct exposure to deal sourcing, due diligence and deal-making.
- Analyze investment opportunities. Thoroughly assess strategic fit, conduct market research, product reviews, competitor and KPI analysis, and customer/user reviews.
- Prepare investment decisions and documentation.
- Support stakeholder management. Learn how to structure investments, the long-term effects of cap tables and deal terms.
- Provide investment recommendations. Systematically analyze investment opportunities and discuss insights across the team.
- Build relationships for HV in the start-up and VC community and be an ambassador for our firm.
- Independently build tech expertise. Uncover promising business models and develop an investment thesis.
- Track and support the portfolio (e.g. KPI and business plan tracking, raising deviations, monthly GP reporting).
- Support in timely and accurate monthly reporting.
- Analyze the company's effectiveness, projections and trajectory.
- Oversee portfolio announcements and PR messaging.
- We find that academic backgrounds tell a lot about ambition levels and achievements. But we also know grit can be shown otherwise.
- You will benefit from a degree in Science, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or Business. Or others that trained you in solid financial aptitude.
- You must have spent a couple of years in Venture Capital or a similar industry.
- We cannot emphasise too much that critical and numerical thinking will set you up for great results in this role. We use cognitive abilities tests in our selection process thereof.
- Venture Capital is a facts-driven but pragmatic profession. Hence, people who can synthesise and present complex data will thrive.
- We maintain a self-managed work style and support new joiners to be productive and self-reliant.
- We encourage it when colleagues offer support in winning deals in competitive situations. We are all willing to make a special effort for exciting deals and founders we respect.
- You got to love entrepreneurs as much as we do, and we are slightly obsessed with tech startups. So should you.
- It is tremendously helpful if you are a clear communicator.
- You must be fluent in English. It is beneficial if you can take part in German office banter.
We want to cast a wider net for our talent pool to bring more diversity into our team. Hence, we want to encourage non-traditional candidates to apply. We offer this job full-time but accommodate flexibility for caregivers.
Checked with www.witty.works for inclusive language