Analyst or Associate (f/d/m)
Germany, Bayern, MünchenInvestment Team
Since 2000 HV Capital has invested in technology companies through various generations of funds and is one of the leading VCs in Europe. HV Capital has already invested in around 200 companies, including Zalando, Delivery Hero, FlixMobility, Depop and SumUp. The total of all HV funds amounts to €1.7 billion. We support start-ups with capital between €500,000 and €50 million, making us one of the few venture capitalists in Europe that can finance start-ups through all growth phases.
my name is Louise, I am part of the early-stage investment team. After two years at BCG, I entered the dazzling VC world in Oct 2020, today working closely with David, one of our General Partners. My job means that I am regularly in touch with our founders, getting involved in the numerous funding rounds and gaining invaluable operational insights. David's companies make up some of the most promising and exciting companies in HV's portfolio: Flixbus, CoachHub and Urban Sports Club, to name a few. In parallel, I maintain my own sourcing funnel, which resulted in the Aitme investment in June 2021, numerous exciting founder contacts, and industry-specific insights.
This summer, we will make space for new talent to access a career in venture capital.
We are hiring one person at Analyst or Associate level. As the new joiner, you will take over parts of my role to continue to support David as I transition into expanding my investment skills.
- Work closely with David's consumer faced, multi-stage and international portfolio on strategic positioning, funding rounds, financial modeling and other areas where we can create value.
- Prepare and participate in board meetings.
- Be a contact person for the founders and other shareholders.
- Provide a timely and accurate monthly reporting.
- Interpret the company's effectiveness, projections and trajectory.
- Oversee portfolio announcements and PR messaging.
- Prepare investment decisions and documentation.
- Support stakeholder management from initiation to signing and learn how to structure investments, long-term effects of cap tables and deal terms.
- Develop your own sourcing funnel and take the driver seat in the commercial DD process.
- Systematically analyze and extract trends in our ecosystem and discuss insights across the team.
- Build a network of founders, VCs and start-up professionals to gain direct exposure to deal sourcing, due diligence and deal-making.
Our Analyst program is planned for two years - in which you will be working closely with a (general) partner and an investment manager or senior colleague. Moreover, the analysts will benefit from our entire team's wide range of experiences, even outside of investment. After the program, we aim to help our analysts find their career paths, whether within or outside our firm.
- Strong analytical capabilities, critical thinking and numerical reasoning.
- Profound understanding of financial models, P&L and Cash Flow Statements.
- Ability to distil insights accurately from different sources and communicate them effectively.
- Independent worker.
- Relationship Builder.
- 2 years of professional experience.
- It's great to be fluent in English and German as the latter has stuck as an official language.
We want to cast a wider net for our talent pool to bring more diversity into our team. Hence we want to encourage all candidates to apply.